With over 28 years of experience, we have tested and validated our load cells in the most extreme operating conditions. Their durability is due, in particular, to the special technique we use for the internal bonding of our strain gauges.
For more than half of that period, we have been manufacturing submersible load pins for use in many different situations, such as operating in fresh water, testing in a controlled environment and carrying out measurements in the deep sea (> 1,500 m depth).
- IP66 means being protected against powerful water jets or heavy seas;
- IP67 means being protected against the effects of immersion (up to 1 m depth) for a fixed time; (We have also developed an in-house ‘IP67M’ option, particularly suited to the marine environment thanks to the use of a suitable sealing material that does not need to be completely waterproof.)
- IP68 means being protected against complete and continuous submersion in the deep sea.
Our submersible load cells are perfectly designed for a wide range of applications:
- Oil and gas drilling
- Underwater search
- Monitoring systems
- Tank testing
- Working at sea
- Mooring control for marine equipment used in the oil industry;
- Remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) – for tension control of the umbilical cable.
We make some standard submersible models. However, as our speciality is the development of tailor-made solutions, we can include protection against water in most of our load cell designs, taking into account the:
- Environment (sea water, fresh water or tap water)
- Degree of protection
As an option, all of our models can be supplied with an amplifier with an analogue, digital or completely specific output. For example, we have designed a custom-made submersible load pin that combines an electronic measuring instrument with a battery and a display, enclosed with a pressure-resistant glass window and a volt-free contact switch.