Since its creation in 1985, SENSY has strived to meet market demand as best as possible.
To do this, SENSY has developed a standard catalogue containing 48 different models covering measuring ranges from 1 kg (10 N) to 5,000 tonnes (50 MN).
However, it is possible that no standard model corresponds to the customer's application.
The most common requests in the manufacturing of custom-made load cells are:
- Special features:
- Mechanical characteristics
- Bi- or tri-directional (till six-components) sensor.
- Replacing a load cell, force or torque transducer that is no longer manufactured.
- Replacement of an existing mechanical part to measure the force or moment to which it is subjected.
- Etc, etc
To meet these demands, SENSY develops and manufactures, in close collaboration with the customer, the special force or/and torque sensor best suited to its application.
The characteristics and design of the sensor are always submitted to the customer for approval before manufacture.
Here are some examples:
- Supply of a double-bridge load cell for redundancy in order to increase measurement reliability. (like SIL 2 or 3/PL d - e)
- Replacing a central flange (see 5200) with two side flanges