Tug lines are one of the most used pieces of equipment in the marine industry because they are subject to high tensile forces and significant friction during each use. In addition, miles of towing across rough seas in extreme conditions can damage the cable to a point where it will have to be replaced.
One major concern for a tugboat crew is to continuously measure the applied tensile force to prevent overloading.
Our marine-grade tensiometers ensure constant monitoring during a cable’s service life, and thus ensure its safe operation.
Customers requiring load cells for line-tension monitoring, heavy lifting, mooring control or release hook load monitoring applications can select from our wide range of standard and custom-made sensors.
Load pin: 5050
- Robust design
- IP 68 protection for operating at a depth down to 16.000 ft (5000m)
- Extended quality control and certification (Charpy + test in tension + chemical analysis)
- Material : Sub-sea grade stainless steel
- Sub-sea connector and cable
- Optional internal amplifier for longer cable lengths (4-20mA, 1-5V…)
Load shackle: 5050M
- Same as 5050 +
- Load pin in sub-sea grade stainless steel
- Standard shackle sizes
- Supplied with centering ring
Tensiometer 5560S or running line tensiometer 5570
- Same as 5050 except
- IP 67 protection for marine conditions
- Subsea cable recovery/repair
- Subsea vehicle lifting
- Wave energy generator mooring/tethering
- Offshore wind cable installations
- Tension test and bollard certification
- Subsea cable laying